Environmental Laboratory Services
AirNova, Inc. offers a variety of laboratory services designed specifically for the air pollution industry. In addition to the mobile laboratory services offered, chemical analyses specific to stationary source, industrial hygiene, and ambient air testing are performed in our analytical laboratory at the AirNova facility.
Recognizing stringent QA/QC procedures inherent in stationary source methodology that are significantly different from those of water and soil analysis, AirNova operates it’s NELAC Certified Laboratory with the intention of providing consistent, high quality analytical data for the often complex sample matrices unique to air sampling. Primary certification is in NJ with additional certifications from NY, Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Laboratory capabilities include gas chromatography with FID, FPD, and TCD detectors; ion chromatography; high performance liquid chromatography with UV and fluorescent detectors; and a variety of particulate and wet chemistry techniques.
Specialized services which are available include:
- Particulate analysis (including back half sample train evaluations such as EPA Method 202). Methods include EPA 5, 5B, 5D, 5F, 17, 201, 201A and NJ ATM1.
- Ion Chromotography Analysis such as EPA Methods 26, 26A, and CTM-027 (Draft 206) for fluoride, chloride, bromide, nitrate, sulfate, phosphate, ammonia, and cyanide
- Laboratory and field titrations such as EPA Methods 5F, 6, 8, 15A, 16A and 11 for SOx and H2S
- Lab and field GC analysis such as EPA Methods 15,16,18 and 308 for specific VOC’s including methane, ethane, methanol and sulfur compounds. Analytical techniques include direct aqueous injection.
- Total NMHC’s by GC/FID
- Portable monitoring for hydrocarbons, O2, CO2, CO, NO2, and SO2
- Spectrophotometric Analysis including Aldehydes by Acetylacetone (EPA Method 323) or Pararosaniline Methods (EPA Method 316), Hydrazine by NIOSH Method 3503, Hydrogen cyanide by NIOSH Method 6010 and Hydrogen fluoride by EPA Method 13A
- HPLC Analysis
- Specific Ion Electrode (SIE) Analysis including Fluoride by EPA Method 13B, Ammonia, pH, and Nitrate
- Instrumental response factor determinations for VOC mixtures and calibration standards.
- Additional methodology includes CARB, OSHA, NIOSH, ASTM, and EPRI standards.
Annual proficiency samples are analyzed as part of the national Clean Air Proficiency Test (PT) Study. Also, the laboratory electively participated in the organics portion of the Industrial Hygiene Proficiency Analytical Testing (IHPAT) Program offered through AIHA. When requested, AirNova, Inc. analyzes blind samples received from federal and state agencies during compliance testing. These routinely include sulfur oxide, chloride, dioxins/furans, toxic metals, and both EPA Method 18 and 25 audits when available.
Our reputation in the air services industry makes us a valuable source to other testing firms who use our analytical laboratory services regularly and on-site stack sampling services when confronted with scheduling difficulties or large projects. Please feel free to request information on any of our services.